Monday, 2 September 2013

Back in Kuwait!

After a glorious summer lounging on beaches in Bali, travelling around Australia and spending some quality time with my family in Canada and getting my fill of country music: I am back and in action in Kuwait!

I know it has been a long time since I have blogged - but I was too busy living this summer to settle down to a computer and write up my daily going on's. I totally had a serious case of writer's block too.

So - since my last update I will fill you in on what you have missed.

The new boy I mentioned in may (now to be called CPU) and I had a horrendous fight right before I left - leaving me with little to no hope or desire to re-kindle a romance after a summer apart, not to mention some saucy escapades around the world this summer.

However CPU and I continued to talk over the summer and our friendship has grown. He mentioned that he wants to date in-exclusively and I can respect that, after dating exclusively got us absolutely no where, but I am not sure if I like that idea. I have told him that I will think about it and let him know when I am read, IF I am ever ready for that.

Work has started again and is in full swing - very excited for this year to start!! I can only hope that it is as much fun as last year. There are always new challenges when moving into a new role and new responsibilities, but I could not be MORE excited!

The new Expats have arrived at work, and they seem like a really cool bunch. I am sure you will hear more about them here!

The American has moved a ways away so I am disappointed that I don't get to see her as much as last year. However, true friends stay true and I am sure that we will do so!

In short, things are different but not so different - I can't wait to see what shenanigans I get up to this year.

Stay tuned for more of life in Kuwait this year! I will try to focus more of daily life, where and what to eat and all the juicy details!






2 comments:

  1. Penny!!! I love reading your blog! You are a great writer! Where are the pictures of the vacay!?-AB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, sorry for posting on your blog like this but I couldn't find an email address to message you privately. I'm the editor of Expat Arrivals and I was hoping to convince you to share your insights about life in Kuwait with our site, or perhaps do an interview with me about your expat life there. If you're keen to learn more, please contact me at catherine@expatarrivals.com

    ReplyDelete