Thursday, 7 February 2013

House of Mirrors Kuwait

Last week I had a friend from home visit me here in Kuwait! Not only was it wonderful to spend with a good friend, but her visit also gave me a little push to see more of Kuwait.

I had heard of a place called the House of Mirrors located somewhere in Kuwait. All I knew about it was that it was a lady who decided one day to plaster her walls with bits of mirror.

When Jbean told me that she had booked her ticket and confirmed her dates with me and I began hunting for things to show her - I immediately thought to take her on this tour. I had been wanting to go and when else would be a better time?

It is really easy to get a hold of Lidia, the lady who made the house, and set up a tour time. As long as there isn't any one else scheduled on that day she is more than happy to accommodate you. She is the most wonderful little Italian woman!

I was expecting beauty when I went, but I was unprepared for the unique exquisiteness that is displayed throughout her home. The craftsmanship, long hours, and dedication that it must have taken to complete such a majestic masterpiece is unfathomable.

I don't want to spoil the visit for you if you go - because you MUST go at some point or another so I will simply tell you that as you go through the house you visit different corners of the earth represented in pictures made with the Mirrors.

The tour takes about 3 hours and is well worth your time. Lidia has some very interesting perspectives to share with her art and with her discussion! If you want to have your mind opened this is a place to go!

Lidia, the artist.
Beautiful!





I love the lighting effects that sparkle with the mirrors!



I NEED this blinged out library!


AND this staircase.



Lidia's Contact Information
Phone:22518522
Address:
House 17, Street 94, Block 9
Qadisiya, Kuwait

No comments:

Post a Comment